There is no doubt that one of the most popular types of cosmetic surgery in the world is breast augmentation. Whether it’s for reasons of size or for reasons of reconstruction, breast augmentation is something that thousands and thousands of people undergo every single year all over the world, and at the stage in the game you would have to agree that the best possible city for great breast augmentation is Los Angeles! So, you might have decided that breast augmentation is going to be part of your future, but what about longevity? Here is some information about how long your breast augmentation might last.
- The first and most important thing to remember is that the American Society of Plastic Surgeons does NOT consider breast implants to be what they categorize as ‘lifetime devices’.
- On average, the average standard of modern breast implants in 2021 and beyond are designed to last in perfect condition for more than a decade.
- In terms of statistics, the chance of a breast implant rupturing increases by one percent every year that you have them, which obviously means that the older your implants are, the greater your risk there is of things like rupturing and other complications.
- In many cases, a good experience with breast augmentation in Los Angeles can often mean that your implants remain in good shape with no complications at all for 20 years or more, but it is important to remember that every patient is different, and things like lifestyle need to be taken into account.
- For example, if you have a more active lifestyle where there is a risk of impact injuries to the chest area, then it is likely that your breast implants will not last in their perfect condition as long as someone who protects that area very strictly.
- There are a number of reasons why your breast implants might not last as long as you were promised and were hoping for, with the most common including:
– Capsular contracture or breast hardening.
– Saline implant rupture.
– Silicone rupture.
– Changes in position.
– The personal choice to reverse the procedure and have the implants removed.
- As long as you follow the recovery guidelines set out by your surgeon post op, you should have no problems with the longevity of your implants. Wear the appropriate support and recovery bras, make sure you attend your annual checkups, and definitely continue to perform self-checks on a regular basis to ensure that everything is in working order!
So, if you are interested in exploring your options for breast augmentation in Los Angeles then, don’t hesitate to get in touch with one of the best in the business, Dr. Rojas at the Venice Beach Surgical Center. The best thing you can do is make sure to do as much homework and research as you can before committing to any kind of cosmetic surgery, and Dr. Rojas and the dedicated team will be able to answer any questions that you might have. Good luck!