For decades now, the world of cosmetic surgery has been able to assist those who want and need to rid themselves of excess body fat in important areas of their body. Though liposuction procedures were once something seen to be reserved for the rich and famous, the advancements in technology and availability have made it a much more accessible option to anyone struggling with their body image and confidence. As the field has matured, two kinds of surgery have come to the front to be considered the best, and they are liposuction and vaser lipo. So, what is the difference between the two, and which is considered to be safer? Let’s take a closer look at liposuction and vaser lipo in Los Angeles.
What Is The Difference?
So, first of all, what is the difference between liposuction and vaser liposuction? Traditional liposuction is the form that you will probably be more familiar with, and it involves the use of a cannula in a back and forth motion to dislodge fat cells in the body before removing them using suction. Vaser lipo, on the other hand, is what is called ultrasound-assisted liposuction. It uses an extra step in the process that liquefies the fat cells before they are suctioned from the body.
Which Is Safer?
1. Though the consensus is that both traditional and vaser lipo is both very safe and very tried and tested procedures at this point in the cosmetic surgery landscape, there are some differences in patient experience that might persuade someone to opt for one over the other.
2. If money and budget are of no concern to you, then modern experts will all probably state the vaser lipo is the way to go, for many reasons:
3. The liquefaction of fat cells that the ultrasound portion of the procedure provides means that the removal becomes a much less invasive and intensive experience.
4. Whilst traditional liposuction requires slightly more forceful motion to get to the fat cells on more stubborn areas of the body, vaser liquefies everything before the invasive part of the procedure is even taking place. What this results in is a much less rigorous task, and this will leave the patient feeling much better during their recovery period.
5. On average, people who opt for vaser lipo over traditional lipo have much less swelling, tenderness, and pain after the procedure is complete. The more gentle nature of the vaser ultrasound technique means that you can cut a lot of time off of your initial recovery period. Less motion under the skin also reduced the risk of things like nerve damage and tissue trauma.
So, if you have made your mind up either way and want to explore liposuction or vaser lipo in Los Angeles, then head over to the Venice Beach Surgical Center website for all of the information that you need and more. You will be introduced to the experienced Dr. Rojas who is a respected expert in the field. We very much look forward to being able to help!