Cellulite is the herniation of subcutaneous fat within fibrous connective tissue. What does that mean? Well, it’s the appearance of dimples and nodules on the skin, particularly around the pelvic region, abdomen, and legs. The causes for this are changes in a person’s metabolism, diet, physiology, and exercise habits, but more often than not it’s simply because of aging. Plenty of patients come to Dr. Rojas a famously known cosmetic surgeon Los Angeles in search of some sort of cellulite reduction procedure. Let’s talk about the options available for those looking to treat cellulite and what they can do for you.
There are plenty of different treatments for cellulite reduction, each with its own specific benefits and recommendations. However, here are some of the more general benefits of these treatments.
- Reducing the visual effects of cellulite on a person’s appearance
- Rounding up a weight loss journey by targeting aesthetically affected areas
- Achieving realistic expectations about reducing the effects of cellulite on the body
- Reducing the thickness of the fat layer under the skin
- Stimulating collagen production, improving upon skin elasticity
Who Should Not Get Cellulite Reduction?
As simple as these procedures can be, there are still some recommendations regarding who should or should not partake in these at the moment. Please note that there are different methods for cellulite reduction, so they each will have specific indications.
- People who are still looking to reduce weight
- Those with underlying health conditions that could represent a risk
Cellulite Reduction at the Venice Beach Surgical Center
If you are interested in cellulite reduction, this is one of the body treatments we offer here at the Venice Beach Surgical Center. Dr. Rojas and his team are ready to make sure you receive the treatment you are looking for. Just give us a call at (310) 391-7143 or fill out the contact form on our website to schedule your free consultation.