Your lymphatic system carries with it lymph, which is a fluid that helps remove waste and toxins from your bodily tissues. There are certain medical conditions that will cause lymph to build up, causing swelling, pain, and discomfort across the body. Lymphatic drainage is a form of gentle massage that can encourage the flow and movement of lymph fluids around the body.
Lymphatic drainage can have plenty of benefits for people suffering the consequences of a clogged lymphatic system. The following are some of the benefits of the treatment.
- Improve circulation of the lymphatic system for better flow of lymph across the body
- Reducing swelling (lymphedema), particularly in arms and legs
- Enhancing the results of a liposuction and Renuvion treatments
- Postop massaging
- Addressing edema (swelling of the skin)
- Treating fatigue, insomnia, and stress
- Reducing digestive problems
- Relieving the effects of arthritis
- Reducing migraine episodes
- Relieving the symptoms of stiffness and depression in people with fibromyalgia (widespread pain in the muscles and skeleton)
Who Should Not Get Lymphatic Drainage?
The benefits of lymphatic drainage can help plenty of people who are struggling with the conditions stated above. However, it is not recommended for just anyone. The following are some of the people who should abstain from the procedure.
- People suffering from congestive heart failure
- Those struggling with blood clots
- People with kidney problems
- Patients with circulation problems
- Those currently dealing with infections
- Anyone who has an underlying medical condition should first consult with a doctor to confirm whether or not they are a good candidate for lymphatic drainage
Lymphatic Drainage at the Venice Beach Surgical Center
If you are interested in lymphatic drainage, this is one of the body treatments we offer here at the Venice Beach Surgical Center. Dr. Rojas and his team are ready to make sure you receive the treatment you are looking for. Just give us a call at (310) 391-7143 or fill out the contact form on our website to schedule your free consultation.