When it comes to the popularity list of the various cosmetic and surgical procedures that are readily available to mainstream consumers in 2021, it would be fair to say that liposuction is right up there near the top of the pile.
Liposuction can be a great, long lasting way to get rid of fat on problem areas in your body without having to go through the more arduous and time consuming process of an intensive fitness and toning regime.
Liposuction is there as a choice for those who know exactly what they want their bodies to look like post-surgery, but while you know what you want your body to look like, do you know what to expect from the procedure as a whole? With this in mind, here are some great pieces of information about what to expect before and after lipo in Los Angeles.
- – The first thing to do is make sure you get an up to date full medical evaluation to ensure that you are a suitable and healthy candidate to get lipo in Los Angeles.
- – Patients are advised to stop smoking in the run up to getting liposuction, so if you are a smoker, work on quitting the habit.
- – Try to avoid taking things like aspirin, herbal supplements, and anti-inflammatory drugs because they can have the effect of increased bleeding during the procedure.
- – Continue to avoid taking medications that may result in blood thinning such as ibuprofen or aspirin.
- – Avoid partaking in the drinking of alcohol and the smoking of cigarettes, and that is extended to things like vapes also.
- – Make sure that you carve out the time to have lots of rest. Liposuction can be quite aggressive on the body, so you need to give yourself time to rest, relax and recuperate without jumping straight back into normal everyday activities.
- – Make sure to maintain a proper, healthy diet in the aftermath of your liposuction. The last thing you want to do is pile on the pounds after you have slimmed down and end up undoing the good work that the surgery achieved for your body.
- – Get some light exercise to reintroduce your body to movement, but very small baby steps. Short walks to start with, potentially turning into longer power walks when you feel strong enough, along with various stretches and crunches to help your muscles adjust.
- – Avoid using swimming pools until your body has sufficiently healed, with regards to any small scarring that might have been caused by the tools and entrances wounds of the surgery.
So, if you would like to learn more about lipo in Los Angeles, then do not hesitate to get in touch with Dr. Rojas at the Venice Beach Surgical Center. One of the best in the city, if not the entire country, Dr. Rojas will be able to answer any questions you have and put you at complete ease at the prospect of treatment, as well as all of the required preparations and aftercare.